Home Page      Parish Council    Parish Diary    Organisations   Newletters    History
 

    The present day Hordle Parish Council comprises the Villages of Tiptoe, Hordle and Everton.

Click for Map of Hordle Parish   

All of Tiptoe but only part of Hordle and Everton is within the Boundary of  the New Forest National Park.

Tiptoe, in the North of the Parish, has approximately 100 Dwellings, a Puiblic House, a Primary School and two churches namely - St Andrew’s the daughter church of All Saints  Hordle and a Baptist Church now known as Wellspring Church New Forest .

Everton in the South-east of the Parish, has some 760 dwellings, the majority having been built since 1970, a Village shop/Post Office, a Social Club, a Garden Centre, a large Nursery,a Public House, aMobile Home Park,  the Everton Garage, and is served by the church of St Mary ’s the daughter church of All Saints, Milford on sea.  It also has a regular Bus Service to New Milton, Lymington and Hordle.

Hordle has some 1660 Dwellings, the Village having grown considerably since  1945, much of it in the 1970’s, has a Premier Inn,Doctors Surgery,  Post Office, Chemist, and a range of other Village Shops including Hairdressers, Pet shop, Haberdashery, Take Away, Petrol Service Station with a Spar shop and a Co-operative Stores, although with the easy access to the superstores at New Milton & Lymington which are both served by a regular Bus service the survival of all the shops serving the Parish are at risk, it also has a Primary School. The only church is that of All Saints  Hordle.

There are small Industrial Units at Silver Street Farm, Kings Farm at Hordle and Lea Green Farm at Downton providing various services such as Vehicle Repairs and MOT's, Bike Sales, Carpet Sales, Garden Sheds, Garage Doors, Patio Slabs, Carpentry Services &c..

There are three Public Houses in the Parish namely, the Plough Inn at Tiptoe, the Crown at Everton, and the Three Bells at Hordle which is also a Premier Inn other eateries in the Parish is the Camellia at Everton Nurseries and The Mill at Gordleton which straddles the Parish Boundary.

Follow this link http://www.hants.gov.uk/hampshiretreasures/vol05/page149.html for more information about the Parish.